Andrey Zhuk

CX-Supervisor improvement requests

71 posts in this topic

some redo option would be quite helpful. also undo option often behaves in unexpected manner, so it should be improved. Edited by tashinz

I agree with the trending, I think that bobb highlighted this a while back. Being able to select a user-defined window, rather than the current option of full plot or the sampling period that has been configured. Also, the undo function is odd, it is not consistent with what it 'un-does'. I think this has been mentioned already, but being able to animate the graphics. This can be done with created objects, but not with items from the graphics library. The same applies for modification of the properties, you cannot rotate some items for example.

The auto save feature behaves strange. if you set up the auto save for 10min cycle (default), you normally make changes on your project, and if you want to exit scada and discard all the changes it is not possible if the autosave feature has just done its job. then I cannot undo, nothing. autosave should guard you from sudden crashes not to save my project without my allowance. as backup, right? this is not the case here so it should be improved.

sometimes, not often, but sometimes, I have a field in cx-s that should display the value from plc in hexadecimal format i.e. if there is a value AF1D in D100 in plc that should be displayed in scada. also it has to be edited in hexadecimal format. this is not possible now. it is possible in NS and NT. for now, I have to write script for this simple feature. Edited by tashinz

there is a cx-s 2.1 (15) upgrade on omron download site. still nothing of find / replace feature but they put an option to compile project to cx-s 1.3 target. this is great.

How does this work Tashinz?

didn't test it in a production enviroment, but here in office it works. so far.

LOL I meant how do you compile to 1.3 target file ?

you just select the cx-1.3 target like you select machine edition or plus target. then all features not supported by cx-1.3 are disabled. simple ha?

That's really handy beacause you can't install 1.3 and 2.0 on the same computer. Now I can support old and new customers on the same laptop Bertie

Ahh there.....

i cannot express my desperation, as well as nervousness, for not implementing some basic find and replace feature. I am dealing here with cx-supervisor 2.1 project connected to simatic net opc server with thousands of points. Replace feature would really do the job. is there someone who knows someone who develops cx-s? say him a word or two, a modern peace of software without find/replace is, well, not a modern. Edited by tashinz

well, after dealing with some other scada softwares, back tu cx-s. regarding improvements, alarm management should be a lot better. e.g. even in this 2.1 version alarm history cuts the seconds from time stamp, cuts the alarm message etc. and number of entries in alarm history log should be larger and also preview of alarm history should not be just opening txt file but some user interface. also, option for saving when buffer is full - now there is ual and uab files. there should be more. maybe to change format of alarm files?

1. I second tashniz wish ( or request ) about functional find/replace function like is implemented in CX-Programmer. 2. No improvment in Trend Graphs for ages. What activities are guys from UK development team are doing in trend graph area? I think they should contact development team of CX-Drive , because there is implemented much better Trend Graph. Maybe i am rude , but our customers are keep bugging us about poor Trend Graph against CX-Supervisor competitives. Data logging is OK , but very clumsy solution for end-users ( especially the ones with poor computer knowledge )

TagBased points compatible with CJ2 over EIP. No point in programming tagbased (auto-addressed) in the PLC and then having to map to hardcoded adresses to log the data. CSV Import of datalogging points (or copy paste from spreadsheet)

it would be great if installation of cx-supervisor would come with opc server for cx-supervisor. this is a standard option in other scada packages. this would allow for some opc client / server to access data directly from cx-supervisor without the need for accessing the actual omron plc.

Is CX-Supervisor available in the Asia-Pacific market already? I was using CX-Supervisor before when I was working for a Swiss company and we were already using ethernet communications way back then. Now, in this company I'm currentlyworking we are using OMRON PLC's but using GE Fanuc iFIX and it's very hard to use the ethenet communication between OMRON and iFIX since their(iFix) ethernet driver is still based on the FINS Gateway middleware which is not supported and/or sold by OMRON anymore.

I guess there isn't any chance yet that CX-Supervisor will be available on the Asian Market. It's still not available from the Omron distributor here in Singapore.

On 29/08/2012 at 4:45 AM, Jojo712 said:

I guess there isn't any chance yet that CX-Supervisor will be available on the Asian Market. It's still not available from the Omron distributor here in Singapore.

Looks like you’re in luck Jojo. Just seen in version 3.3 that developer can be installed in “Chinese”, so guess it must now be available in Asian market. 

Regards

BB

Just going to let it out here... : WHY CAN"T I RENAME MY PAGE????

2 hours ago, innoaloe said:

Just going to let it out here... : WHY CAN"T I RENAME MY PAGE????

Yes I understand your logic. I guess because the pages are really external PAG files that you have to ‘add’ and in theory used in multiple projects.  You can use “Save Page As...” which does a similar job I think.

BB