Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Emach

LDD and BCD

3 posts in this topic

Hopefully a simple question. If I perform a LDD a V memory register and then BCD it, did the PLC convert both words in the accumulator into BCD? I am using this V location as the number of cycles for the machine to run and store that value into a "number of cycles remaining" register. If my assumption on both words being converted is bad, how would one go about converting both words to BCD that wouldn’t throw things off? Some info on the setup: A DL 405-440 and the initial value V10042 is provided by as a decimal by a Quick Panel Jr. The ladder logic I have today: LDD V10042 BCD SUBD K1 OUTD V10040 I currently subtract the 1 as V10040 is the number of cycles remaining….

The manual shows that format. Realise, though, that any binary value greater than 99999999 (hex 5F5E0FF) is going to have trouble being converted. I don't see an error bit cited for this situation

Thanks. I reread the manual and found the example you are citing. Tried it on the machine and worked like a charm. So I guess the moral of the story is, read the manual (again) and then ask the question...