Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hayden

Newbie: easiest way to backup E1070

3 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm new to PLC's have a couple in my factory and I'm trying to make back ups of the software and settings. I have just replaced a GOT1000 and used GTDeveloper to back up then copy over settings. I now have to sort the E1070. I have E-designer but wondered what the easiest way was to back up. Can the settings be backed up to memory stick without the need for the laptop/software ? Thanks for any help

Hi Hayden, I don't think that it is directly possible to copy the complete project of the MAC E1070 to an USB-stick. As far as I know you can copy settings as recipe's, graphs to an USB-stick but for a full project backup it is recommended to save it with E-Designer to your computer/laptop. Just make a cable connection to the terminal, receive the project and save it to disk. By the way: Regarding to my distributor in the Netherlands (Koning en Hartman) the Beijer MAC panels are pushed more to the background in favor of the own brand GOT1000 and GOT2000 series screens of Mitsubishi. They increased prices for the MAC terminals to make it easier to stop with Beijer MAC panels. It is possible to migrate around 80% of your application from MAC to GOT touchscreens. Still I have some doubts about the migration, most of the time this is introducing problems instead of solutions. Best regards, Theo V.

I have never done it but I hear it's possible. It is certainly possible to load a full project to an E1000 series via a usb stick so I would assume it's possible to do it the other way. I don't have one to play with so I can't advise further.