Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GoTech07

Combine 2 Machines with CC-Link

3 posts in this topic

I would like to combine two existing machines with CC-Link. Each machine has a QJ61BT11N set up as its Master Station. The larger machine has 26 remote I/O and 4 remote devices. The smaller machine has 1 remote device (see the attachment). Each are already programmed and running. The larger machine has HMIs that I would like add screens to in order to control the smaller machine as well. The smaller machine would basically just need to send and receive a handful of signals... start, stop, manual, origin, e-stop, fire specific outputs, etc. What would be the best way(s) or simplest way(s) to connect and communicate between these machines? I am open to any advice and ideas. Thank you Machine_Addition_Via_CCLINK.bmp Edited by GoTech07

You could just make the smaller PLC and it's remote device slave stations on the larger PLC's network. This would take some planning and programming as the smaller PLC would need to get data from it's remote device via the larger PLC. A better idea might be to add a second CC-Link card to the smaller PLC to be the slave on the larger PLC network. This means the only reprogramming would be to add whatever data handling you want for the HMIs.

If the CPUs have Ethernet built in, that's an option. But I agree with JRoss, change the smaller PLC to be a local station and change the BT11 and remote devices to a node number that works on the combined network. Then with the bigger one being the network master, you will have to get the master to write the slave data down to the smaller PLC and adjust your program for any I/O address changes.