Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
booatoavn

Modbus TCPIP between Quantum and MNS iS Motor Control Center

5 posts in this topic

Hi all Please help me on the following issue In my system I have a Quantum PLC with NOE card connected to MNS iS Motor Control Center (ABB product). Communication between Quantum PLC and MNS is Modbus TCP IP and MNS will connect to Modbus Devices via sirial link. From Quantum PLC I have to collect data of Modbus Devices through MNS. The Data includes discrete and analog data. For the analog data it is no issue, i can use IO scanner or communication function block to read data from MNS because they are word data (4xxxx). But for discrete data (status, command...), the data with format 1xxxx in MNS, i don't know how to get and collect to PLC????? Thank a lot for any response

Just do the same as you are doing for the 4xxxx (Output Registers) but read 1xxxx (Input Status) instead.

Thank a lot for your reply, tragically I will try to make it more clearly. I have to access data in MNS iS Motor Control Center through Modbus TCP IP. The PLC module i am using is Quantum PLC with NOE card. For the register data (4xxxxx or 3xxxx) there is no issue. I can use IO Scanning or communication function blocks like: READ_REG, WRITE_REG, CREAD_REG, or CWRITE_REG to read and write data. But for discrete signal (1xxxxx or 0xxxxx) how to do?? IO scanning cannot do. With communication function blocks we can use READ_VAR, WRITE_VAR to read and write bit. Unfortunately they are not be used in Quantum PLC, can be used in Premium PLC only. So any one had faced this issue before? I am so appriciated if you have any idea. Regards

OK, i see your issue now In the IO Scanner can you not define the RD Master Object as %M then the RD Slave Index to 0xxxxx to read bits ? Other than that i am afraid i dont know, if i were you i would personally talk to Schneider tech to find out as the next step....sorry.

booatoavn, Hope you could solve your problem .. I was looking for the same issue ... How to read\write bits via Modbus TCP? (IO scanner or Function blocks). I have a "171CCC98030" momentum and concept V2.2 XL SR2. Thanks and best regards