jgrant

Micro 810 set- reset

5 posts in this topic

I started messing around with a micro 810 and I'm trying to use the set and reset command but I can't get either one to latch (stay on). I'm a novice at this, so it's probably a simple solution, but there is not much info out there on getting started with the micro 800 system. I have a NO switch going to the set coil and a NO switch going to the reset coil and a contact label the same as the set/reset coils turning on a light. The switches will light up when I go into debug, but the coil will not stay on.

Can you put up a picture of your logic? It should be pretty straight forward.

As far as resources, AB has a series of training videos specifically for the Micro 800 series: http://www.rockwellautomation.com/rockwellautomation/products-technologies/connected-components/tools/workbench.page?#/tab3

Might look into the IsaGRAF manuals as that appears to be what the Micro800 is based on.

(Set coil) does not mean it will "LATCH" it just means it is active when 24v is present, if you need it to latch on you will have to create a (direct contact latch) (Reset coil) means that it will clear(open) and remain open when 24v is present. I hope this helps