Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dhake

Is there a way to bypass the BUILD after each change on UnityPro?

2 posts in this topic

New to this site. We just switched from ProWks32 to Unity Pro XL v 10.0 Still working LL984 and haven't begun to enter the Structured Text or Function Block world. We've been very frustrated with how different it is from 32 and one thing that we miss is the ability to pull a short out to disable a rung or change a value into a timer without haveing to do a build. Is there a box to check somewhere that we've missed? I understand the safety feature behind this... but sometimes you want to try things and would rather not have to wait for the rebuild to get it back to the way it was if it doesn't work. Many other frustrations, but we'll start with that. Dave

I hope a moderator can move this topic to the right thread (modicon/telemecanique/schneider) Hi Dave 99% sure there is no way around this. But you dont have to rebuild the whole program. build only applies to the sections where the changes were made(you have to build options when a change is made). If you change a timers value and build it should barely take 2-3 seconds. Trust me when I say Unity is light years better that proworks32. Think it is just something to get used to. If you absolutely cant wait for things like timer settings. Create unlocated variables that you place on the timer pt legs. This way you can adjust the value of the variable in an animation table without rebuilding