Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
grinbo

Mitsubishi E200 HMI v4.03

6 posts in this topic

Hi I am new to programming and have been given loan of a new E200 HMI to learn on and for testing. It is a spare for a machine in use and been kept for quite a while in their stores. I bought E-Designer software and installed V7.50 and the CAB5 hmi cable to connect up, CAB19 cable to a FX1N plc. When I tried to connect I only had the option of E200 v6.0x or E200 6.2x , and assumed that it would update the terminal from v4.03 to v6.0. Big mistake. This is where it all went wrong. The programme started to transfer and then stopped giving transmission error. Showing on the screen now is E200 v4.03 and I am unable to connect to it at all, failed transmission error, it seems to be "locked up" Searching the internet I found "try the E Designer v6.13 software" which has the option of setting E200 v4.0x for programming so after installing this I thought it would now work. I have tried new programmes to upload, using send, verify or receive but I still cannot connect and get transmission error in all cases even with the setting at E200 v4.0x. Can anyone please help me with a fix for this or am I going to have to buy them another terminal? Thank you grinbo

Use the HMI tools (sysload - should be on your E-designer CD) to delete the project and reinstall the firmware you need. Press the F1 button and Backspace at powerup to get the termnial ready for a firmware download. E200v403.zip Edited by Gambit

WOW Gambit, thank you very much for your help. I followed your instructions and after 9mins and 41 seconds I now have a working terminal again One more question, am I better sticking to using E-Designer v6.13 instead of v7.50 as this seems to have more options for older firmware. The programme I made in v7.50 it says some parts are not compatable with the firmware in this E200. Can the e200 be upgraded to v6.0. not that I want to mess it up again, just for future reference. I can re-write the programme in the older software. Thanks again grinbo

The message saying that some parts are "not compatible" always show in E-Designer if you try to change versions or terminal-types. Most likely, everything is compatible and I doubt that any functionality is missing if you upgrade the terminal! I don't remember right now if v4.0 can be updated to 6.0, but I can check tomorrow (unless maybe Gambit knows it right now), but if I were you I would just upgrade the terminal and use the newest E-Designer (though there's really no problem using E-Designer v6.13)

@ kaare_t I think you are right, I sent the programme to the E200 and it looks like no changes have been made to how it was. As I am new to this, these messages give me doubts when I get them.

Yes, the message/warning is easy to misunderstand.... There should be a list of un-supported items (if any), and in case there's no problems the message shouldn't appear at all (in my opinion)..... But most often, after converting any E-Designer application, if you run "Test Project" you'll be informed of any mismatch and/or errors in the new project