R&R

Omron CP1L and Inverter positioning

5 posts in this topic

Good day. I have a big problem to setup Inverter positioning option in CP1L. I spend hours and hours reading manual and create simple program to control motor with gearbox and encoder. Still doesn't work. Could somebody help please... Parameters Encoder 1000 PPR connected to A-> 0.00 B-> 0.01 Z-. 0.06 VFD - Analog signal 1-5V FWD and REV signals (0-6000 on 105 PLC output). D/A unit works fine. Setup 1-5V because I share analog signal with different device as well. Motor 1725 RPM Gearbox 60:1 Ratio and encoder attached to gearbox output I made hard reset (power off PLC) Sketch and program sample attached Please help.. I have another question. How can I use Origin Search in Inverter positioning ? Any examples ? IMG_0001.pdf CP1L_Inverter_Positioning.cxp Edited by R&R
1 person likes this

First i think you should look at your Encoder and see if it works properly, look at the memmory in A270 & A271 (Double Word) to see if it counts properly. And you should multiply the encoder value 4x times for a full motor rotation. (PPR*4)/gearbox i This is because the system counts both up and down pulse for the A and B channel. Positioning can be achieved in many different ways, an easy way is to just monitor the encoder value and when it´s in range you stop the motor. Or you can use the built in positioning function.

I have an upcoming project with two OMRON RX inverters where they will be controlled to move to varying positions. Found this post regarding the Inverter Positioning capability of the CP1L model PLC. Has anyone else used this and is willing to post some comments regarding actual experience using this feature. GOOD, BAD any GOTCHAS!! CP1L Inverter Positioning.pdf Edited by BITS N BYTES

Hello BnB IMO, it's not worth the trouble, and doesn't give great results. I'd use the RX's own positioning and either select positions with a binary pattern, or if the positions need to change pass it through Modbus. I've done this a few times. The Omron-created Modbus FBs do this well. The RX is possibly the worst inverter in the world to use, but the positioning works pretty well. Regards, Pp