Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
instrumentalist

Omron multiple SRT2-ID16 Problem

10 posts in this topic

Hi ! I have a probleme right now. I'm trying to make a SRT2-ID16 remote I/O card communicate with its master. The thing is, There is already one remote input and one remote output card connected to the Master. So I connected my new SRT2-ID16 to the last one and the power is on and communication does not show any error. But I cant figure out how to know what the adresses of my inputs are. I read a lot of manual since the last few days but still cant figure it out. I really need help ! I'm not sure I quite understand how to configure the dip switch ? Can someone please help me ?

Welcome to the forum! All the information is in the W266 manual. I do understand it can be confusing at first. There are some things we need to know before we can help you. What is the Unit/Mach number of the SRM21 module. How are the dip switches set on the SRM21 module. How are the dip switches set on the existing SRT2-ID16. What is the part number of the output module and how are the switches set on that module. This information should get us headed in the right direction.

I have also similar problem. I really don't "get" the manual. For example I would have 2 modules SRT2-ID16-1 (node setting 9) and SRT2-OD16-1 (node setting 10) How do I know what adresses they have now? I know that node 8 has adress i/o 2032 on CJ1M-CPU13. How do I set/get this unit address and i/o address?

We will need some additional information: What is the Unit/Mach number of the SRM21 module. How are the dip switches set on the SRM21 module. Thank you.

My srm type is CJ1W-SRM21 I have unit number 2 on program file mach 2 (switch 10^1 = 0 switch 10^0 = 2) dip 1= on (switch to right) dip 2,3,4 = off (switch to left)

I still haven't found answer any help would be appreciated. :)

. By starting a 16 point output module with an even node number you have set its beginning point address at the beginning of an I/O word. Node 10 output will begin at 2025.00 and end at 2025.15. By starting a 16 point input module with an odd node number you have set its beginning point address in the middle of an I/O word. Node 9 input will begin at 2032.08 and end at 2033.07.

I see your problem. Your original input must be at Node 8. Since it is a 16 point input module, it uses both Node 8 and Node 9. You are overwriting the upper half of the original input module with Node 9. Please change the new input node number to 10 and you will find the addresses in I/O word 2033.

Thanks a lot! I think I am beginning to figure this out. I am going to try this live soon, but there's one thing I also want to clear out. If I read this list right I think it means both input and output module can have same node address?

Yes, you are correct. You read it right.