Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
valerio81

ETN21 and barcode reader

4 posts in this topic

Hi there, Actually I'm using an Omron V500 reader in serial to a SCU board. I would like to use it in Ethernet. I have a ETN21 and a Moxa NPORT 5110 Serial-TCP Server. Actually I have a trigger, I enable the reading and I wait in the SCU serial port the message from reader. I want to do the same, but waiting the answer in a ETN21 socket . I would like to understand how it works , if you have suggestions and it there are FB just for reading, keeping opened the socket. Another question is how to simulate from a PC the traffic of Reader ( send TCP packet ) because I have not the reader here and I would like to test program ( i just have the ETN21) Thank you in advance! Regards

i found this on the net http://www.myomron.com/index.php?action=kb&article=1396 seems interesting except that i have some errors compiling and the fact that i just need to read, not write anyone used this example? thanks

Thanks for sharing. But It seems that the platform is not the same as the topic talks about.
1 person likes this

Like you said, the barcode scanner you are testing now can decode and scan linear and 2d barcode from any commonly used image format. Then I assume it definitely reads and decodes EAN 128 since it is quite a popular barcode type. And why test it first? Edited by makaveiljojo