Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Blaksun

Recipe Editor

6 posts in this topic

Hello everybody.. So, I've been using CX-Supervisor V2.11 for the past couple of months with very minimal hiccups. After playing around with some of the additional features.. the only thing I cannot seem to get working 100% is the recipe editor. For some reason, after creating a recipe in development environment, and using two buttons with the Upload and Download Recipe macros, the download feature does not allow me to first edit any recipe constants.. and also the upload function does not allow me to edit any constants.. According to the User Manual this should be the case. I was just wondering if anybody has had the similar experience? Kind Regards Blak EDIT: Just wanted to add.. during the runtime environment.. when bringing up the floating menu and clicking on Recipe Viewer, there are no recipes displayed. However, when checking the recipe summary, it gives you the correct amount of recipes. How is this possible? Edited by Blaksun

Hiya, You haven't accidently set the User Access for the recipe? Try logging in as Designer/Designer to see if they appear. Bertie.

Hi Bertie.. I definitely have not set any security while creating the recipe.. I did log in using the password I had set for Designer.. but to no avail.. Have you successfully used the Recipe function for Cx Supervisor? Regards

Hi, Yes I've used many times before without problems. I've just double checked with a test on 2.11 and still seems to work as I expect. You know that recipes are stored in the .REC file? If you are deploying this to another machine are you copying this file? Bertie.

Hi Bertie.. I am deploying this to a another machine. What I normally do is to Create Runtime Install Disk option from the project menu and copy all the files created.. including the .REC file.. to the other machine. Is this correct?

Hi, Yes this is correct. I just tried these steps on a test and it works fine. You have to keep the REC filename the same as the SR" of course (name before the dot!). What will be really interesting is what happens if you just Build&Run the Runtime on your development machine. Of course the PLCs won't connect, and you won't need the dongle but should straight away be able to open the Recipe Viewer... If its full of recipes... then the problem is somehow in the deployment If its empty - you have a very strange project that contains recipes but doesn't build them!! I'm happy to try your project / test project on my machine setup if you want to PM me... Rgds Bertie.