Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
omronbleah

excel, dde, and supervisor 1 to 3

6 posts in this topic

hello, sorry for bad english we upgraded supervisor from 1.2 to 3 and now the dde command DDEEXECUTE doesn't not work (other function are ok, ddepoke, etc...) any suggestion ?

Hi, I seem to remember this got broke in the Unicode version (V1.3) and never got fixed afterwards. DDE was to unstable and there were better ways. Tell us what you're using DDE for and we'll give you a better way, for example How To Read And Write To Excel Cells From CX-Supervisor Regards, BB

1.3, true !!! i remember see it at step from 1 to 1.3 and fixed installing 1.3 and then replacing with 1.2 now with v3 i dont want to do this again i use it to write a lot of data in a excel file... a quick solution is welcome (example, change the syntax to the non working instruction "ddeexecute") in a pc i've already made a new way, write all data in a csv file, and then import this file with excel i've other pc, now they are working with 1.3 + 1.2, i'm waiting another solution before install v3 on them EDIT in every application there is an automatic script, wich at midnight stores data of the day in the excel file Edited by omronbleah

Hi, Yes the example How To Read And Write To Excel Cells From CX-Supervisor might be useful to you then, or for more organised data logging it is worth looking at Setting Up Data Logging On CX-Supervisor Regards BB

Awesome Berti!