Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
_SKR

controls for small application

10 posts in this topic

I've a control application. I've attached an image of it for reference. The application is as follows... When tubes are not present on the conveyor the fan is not on. When tubes are present the fan runs for 10 min. When the 10 min is up, fan shuts down, and alarm is enabled. When the tubes are removed at the end of cooling cycle the alarm disabled. The cycle then resets. The Fan is on 120V AC, I want to do it with minimum cost. What type of sensors are more suitable for such application.? Regards, SKR

There is no image. Also: is there an existing control system that these sensors, fan and alarm will be connecting to?

The sensor type will be dependant on: * material the tubes are made of * size of the tubes * the 'environment' how hot are the tubes * how far away or close can the sensor be mounted, or how much room is available * must you verify a minimum or maximum number of tubes (There may be other parameters needed to be taken into consideration also.) Edited by RussB

Sorry, the file was missing. I've attached it now. There is no existing control system. The tubes are placed in tub as shown. Its not important to check the temperature or number of tubes, I just need the fan to be on for 10 minutes. Thanks, SKR

You can use a Photoelectric Sensor mounted on your frame along with a reflector at the other end so when a basket breaks the line of view, it will trigger a circuit. This works well with our Auto Blackening line and the baskets looks very similar. An example is Telemecanique XUX0ARCTT16. This works with 120VAC. There are lots out there. There main things is you want one with a Relay output. As for the control circuit, I would recommend a Q12H PLC system with Single Phase Speed Inverter and a full SCADA license. Only Kidding1 Try this.

Thanks for the reply, I'm looking for a low cost system. This looks a bit expensive, but I'll go through it. Regards, SKR.

I would just be carefull of using a sensor and reflector with a basket that has holes in it. Rather use an inductive sensor to detect the metal

I'm planing to use a limit switch, I don't know if that can be helpful. I think inductive sensor has limited range in millimeters. Thanks for the suggestion..

Once you have your sensor, our WISE controller will make integration easy. It uses IF-Then-Else logic and requires no additional software purchase. http://www.icpdas-usa.com/wise_7160.html If we can help with any questions, please feel free to contact us at tech@icpdas-usa.com.

Actually, if you re-read Dippy's post, you'll see he gave you schematics for the simplest application possible. All it takes is a simple timing relay (T1), a simple contacter (C1) to start the fan, and your input device (limit switch or photoeye) (S1). With these three parts wired as per the schematic it'll do exactly what you need, and you can probably implement it for $100-$200. How's that for cost effective?