Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
scottmurphy

Minimising Application?

3 posts in this topic

Hello, I have 1 application running with the 'Display Main Title Bar' De-Selected, so that it prevents anyone shutting down the application inadvertantly. What I want to be able to do, is to minimise the application via a Security enabled PB. The reason for this, as I now have remote access to this site, with TightVNC, but I cannot access the windows taskbar or standard function keys etc. I have searched for ways to do this with VB, but am coming up a bit short just now. Does anyone have a way of doing this?

Hi ya, Cause and effect I think! If you leave the Title bar on, then you can minimise it from VNC. But to stop users shutting down set the "User Exit Access Level" (under Project menu->Runtime Security->Exit Level). You can also hide from the popup menu if you want but not necessary (Project->Runtime Security->Menu Option Access Levels). Users can then log in manually if required to shutdown, or the system can log in automatically with a dummy User using the Login() script command e.g. on special pushbutton or condition or time etc. regards, Bertie

Open notepad and paste the following lines: @echo off start %windir%\explorer.exe Save the file as MyFileName.bat in e.g. c:\ Now in CXS, you can run a script on your security enabled PB. Paste the following line in the script: Message("This will open Explorer.") RunApplication("C:\MyFileName.bat") Dirty but it works I use it all the time to run external applications like convert, IP scanner, open pdf documents, etc.