Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
medensat

password

4 posts in this topic

Hello, I want to know how to create a password with GT DESIGNER3, like so we can not access the project without entering the correct password. thanks in advance

Hi Medensat, It is very clear described in the manual. If you check the help function in GT designer 3 you find the way to do this. I'm warning you that you have to write the password somewhere down in and keep in a safe place, once it is lost you have a problem that the software will never open anymore and there is no escape from that! There are two ways to set a password. In the GT designer3 software so you can not open the application file that you made without the password. And you can set a password directly into the GOT panel. This password is not in a back-up in the application file only present in the GOT memory. Best regards, Theo V.

Hi Theo V, that's what i'm looking for "set a password directly into the GOT panel. This password is not in a back-up in the application file only present in the GOT memory". have u any ideas? thanks in advance.

Hi Medensat, I made a trial set up to test what happens if you enter a password into the GOT. I think it is not working as we expect because if you set a password you change the acces level of the set up and not the software application inside. In fact is the software that you have written the part you like to protect. This is only possible in the software GT designer 3. You can check out yourself in the GOT: At booting press the left uppercorner of the terminal screen. After a while the set up screen appears. Now select 'GOT SETUP --> 'OPERATION' --> 'SECURITY SETTING' --> SECURUTY LEVEL CHANGE'. Here you can set a password. I could not complete this operation because I don't know the format of the password. It keeps telling password error. To close the set up mode press the small [X] in the right upper corner until all screens are closed. If you set a password in the software and send it to the terminal you have to type the password each time you want to open the application file. Whitout the password it will not open the file in the computer. To set the password in the PC: Open the project you like to protect. Then follow the steps from the menubar under 'PROJECT --> SEURITY --> USER MANAGEMENT. In this section you can add a users, levels and paswords. Remember I warned you to be careful using paswords. Make sure you can remember it or your file can never ever be recovered! Best regards, Theo V. I hope this helps you any further. Check it out.