abdelouhab

Scada Systeme

7 posts in this topic

Hello I have somme questions about SCADA systems if any one can help me Do we need a real-time operating systems to developpe a scada systems or Standard Os is enough. in all scada systems i meet real-time data base? how can I devloppe this data base thank you for your time

You have to buy one. All development is done within the SCADA system.

thanks for your answer I want just to understand the fundamentals of Scada systems

You can download Citect here for free - trial version. http://www.citect.schneider-electric.com/scada/citectscada/downloads-updates/product-downloads?view=downloads

You can try ClearView - it's reliable and do support everything you need including (of course) database operations: http://scada-system.net Do not try to make your own database.

Very very few Scada systems today run on non-Microsoft OS. You can make your own scada also, using MS Visual Studio, if MS Windows is to be used (which is what 98% or so traditional scada systems run in). You will need the drivers & some database work. We have done this already. Using MS SQL Server as the database.  It works very well as a real-time values database also. We have tested it talking to over 2000 PLCs, collecting few million real tags, storing history data & very fast HMI display refresh rates. This way you are not depending on any specialty software vendor, except Microsoft. You will have access to latest Microsoft technologies & not have to pay for complicated software licensing fees. It is not that involved & has all the features of traditional non-Microsoft HMI, scada systems that you can find.

Download info from www.controlsystemtools.com or www.parijat.com