Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Allan Mistler

Winlog (Pro or Lite) with AB SLC500 series

3 posts in this topic

Hello, new to this forum but not to SCADA. I'm experienced integrating iFIX and AB SLC 5/03's over a wide data collection area of fifty some odd square miles. But, my current endeavor utilizes Winlog with AB SLC's and I'm still learning the particulars of Winlog because it is poorly documented. I'm wondering if anyone here has successfully fought their way through creating Floating point "gates" or changing single bits within Integer (N field) "gates" from AB SLC's. So far (after a week of frustration), I can access all other variable types and can peek and poke some bits into an integer status word such as bit 5 of a 16 bit integer variable N7:##. but other bits refuse to set or clear within the same word. I'm convinced that there's merely something I'm missing in the gate setup but haven't yet discovered it. Is there anyone here who has overcome and could share a bit of wisdom regarding this issue?

Um.... This is embarassing... I found the problem to be my channel setup as PLC5 protocol as opposed to SLC500 protocol. After discovering the original setup to be wrong, all the "gates" (Tags) represented properly defined integers and floats where individual bits were properly identified. I hereby apologize for my instinctive reaction to blame the HMI software lol!

Hello, This is the first time, I use Winlog Pro to make SCADA. I have small PLC system with AB/ micrologix 1100. Who can help me to connect Winlog Pro and Rslogix5000.

Thanks.