Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
danfman

delay an input

5 posts in this topic

What would the logic look like to delay an input? I have a prox switch about 1/2 a second upstream of a solenoid. When the prox senses a part I'd like the solenoid to start 1/2 a second later. When it stop sensing a part, I'd like the solenoid to stop 1/2 a second later.

Welcome to the forum! To get any specific answers you'll need to provide some information on the type of PLC you're using and your software. But in a general sense, find the timer instruction for your PLC and read the help file on it. That should get you started.

I'm using a 1300 with RSLogix 500. I have the following 3 timer commands available: TON; TOF; RTO. I appreciate you pointing out there are help files. I should have mentioned this earlier... this is the part that is giving me trouble. The gaps between parts are less than 1/2 a second. Therefore the off-delay timer will never count all the way up to 1/2 a second and thus never enable the 'Done' bit. While the off-delay or on-delay will delay 1/2 a second before coming on they will instantly go off once the prox changes state... no 1/2 off delay. Edited by danfman

Will this work? Prox Gap |/|-----------------(L) Prox Part | |-----------------(L) Gap T1 | |-----------------|Pre=0.5sec| Part T2 | |-----------------|Pre=0.5sec| T2.DN Gap | |-----------------(U) T1.DN Part | |-----------------(U)

Micrologix 1300? That's a new one to me... Your code looks like a really good start. Best way for you to learn is to actually have the hardware on your and try it out.