Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ToddM

Parker CTC touchscreen

6 posts in this topic

Hi folks....Today one of our machine's Parker CTC touchscreen went black on us, we sent it out for some emergency repair but they couldn't do anything with it. {no parts} anyway to make a long story short, we attempted to use an older model screen but we couldn't probably because of the old program still on that screen. The newer screen has a smart card that holds the screen program, but the old screen requires a laptop to program. My boss went to the toy store....{ooopps i mean Radio Shack} and came back with a usb smart card reader. Does any one know of a windows application to read the data from a smart card reader via USB? Later...Todd

Hi Folks....What I need is a driver or some other app. to read a compact flash card. Maybe it would allow it to show up as another drive or something. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks and later....Todd

If you go to a best buy, circuit city, maybe even an OfficeMax, etc. you should find a USB card reader there. Most support multiple card types.. CompactFlash is a popular format so whatever you get would likely accept it

Nevermind.. I'll try READING the original post next time. You already have the card reader, it just isn't working. Got it now, I think. I guess my first question is what happened when you first plugged it into the USB port? Did the PC recognise it? Hopefully it did, since it is supposed to. If not, you might try "Add new hardware" in control panel. Anyway.. Assuming it detected it, was it able to find a driver for it? Or if not, did it come with a driver disk that you were able to load? All you need to get a drive letter mapped to the card socket(s) is the proper driver. Our card reader has four slots, and each one has a drive letter. When you put a card in one of the slots, you can read/write to it just like a floppy disk.

Gravitar...The computer I installed the card reader on is still running windows 98se {one of the few around that is } so I had to try the driver on the disk that came with it but for some reason it does not show up as a removeable drive or anything, I'll just google around and try and find another driver. Thank...Todd

Yup, just find another driver.. Hopefully there will be one out there that W98 will recognise. If not, you might have to try another card reader. There definitely are ones that W98 will work with, the main computer I use at home is still running W98 and the card reader works just fine.