Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tedy

MAD42

14 posts in this topic

Hello all I have a task to connect a auxitrol l20d to my omroan plc i have these moduls: CJ2M - ID211 - OC211 and MAD42. The l20d should go from 18-5mA and when it hits 5mA a alarm should go off, my problem is how can I adress the inputs/outputs in the MAD42. My wiring to the L20D is this : The l20d is connect to A1 5-6 with + at 5 and - at 6 How can I adress the anonlog inputs in MAD42. Could anyone help me, or maybe give me an example program? Thanks in advance ;)

The CJ1W-MAD42 is a special I/O module. The addressing is determined by the Unit Number rotary switches on the front of the module. Please refer to manual W345 for details.

Thanks for replay. Should i just take all of these IN in on? But where do I find the adress of them in the cx-programmer? and witch block should i use for analog inputs?

I don't have the manual in front of me right now but I'm sure they have wiring example for current inputs. Edited by IO_Rack

wiring layout from manual cx programmer - io table analogue setups,, scroll to bottom of the dialog and you will see the allocated input and output addresses, use the dialog to setup the analogue units. in this case the unit number (set on the front of the card) was 0, therefore the first Analogue input address will be 2005...

In this program i just tryed to get a singal at any of the functionblocks, but I did not get any signal in at all. Am i using the wrong fucntion block or is the adress wrong. I swtiched all of the inputs to 4-20mA. What is wrong.cxp

I changed all the inputs to 4-20mA, but still I don`T get any signal inn. maybe you could take a look at the program I attatched and see if I use the wrong function blocks or am I still using the wrong adresses?

Just to clarify our terminology, I believe the Function Blocks you are referring to are actually instructions. Function Blocks are completely different and you won't be needing them. Using the Unit Setup dialog (as Sleepy demonstrates) replaces the need to write values to the DM locations in your program. The Input Conversion Value is where you should see your input signal converted to a Signed Decimal value. Input 1 will be addressed 2005. When you write it in your program, it will be designated as I:2005.

also, are you sure you are getting a signal 4-20mA into the card ??? is the wiring correct, ie is the signal device a signal generator, or sensor then, is the sensor loop powered or souring the 4-20mA... 2 or 4 wire... i suspect that there is a wiring problem. i cannot readily find info on the sensor you mentioned in the first post, and I do not have the inclination to search for hours for the info either. please post the spec sheet of the sensor. your drawing shows an external 250ohm resistor, why? the drawing is not clear enough to show the values of the 24vdc + and - supply, and the sensor does not show the + and - connections... for loop powered, + supply -> + sensor - sensor -> + PLC 4-20mA - supply -> - PLC 4-20mA

I removed the external 250ohm and check the wiring. I am getting 18mA in to the card at both enteries. But I am still not abel to get any results in the cx- program, witch instruction should I use in the cx-program? I have switched all the inputs/outputs to 4-20mA also. If possible could anyone give me an example plc program with instructions to analog inputs/outputs? Edited by Tedy

There are no special instructions for just reading the converted value in the program. If the card is configured properly in the Unit Setup dialog then you should see it in CIO 2005. Try this one line of code to simply move it from I:2005 to D100. Also note that you may need to cycle the power to the PLC after making changes in the Unit Setup. (That may or may not be true, I don't remember but it certainly wouldn't hurt anything.)

Here is a snapshot of the Unit Setup dialog from the program that you posted. Appearenly, at some point, you were getting a signal. NOTE: The value you see in the picture is not a live value. This value was saved the last time you performed a Transfer(Unit to PC). Edited by IO_Rack

As IO rack has pointed out you had a value of 3232 on CIO 2005 = 16.93mA sound about right ?

Thanks for all the help, finally manage to make a program that worked ;) workingPLC.cxp