Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
thanya

import symbol from cx-programmer to point of cx-supervisor

6 posts in this topic

Dear All I'm want import symbol from cx-programmer to add point cx-supervisor Thank you for all answer Edited by thanya

I do not hace CXD-Supervisor installed at the moment. Have you tries simple copy and paste? Or Excel? I am not sure if CX-S can handle this or not.

I always bulk edit CXS points in Excel, but you should be able to import points from the CDM file of CX-Programmer, you will have to tick the box "link to CX-Server file" or similar in the symbol properties in CX-Programmer. Ever since the early day troubles with CDM files I left them alone although I believe all is good now. As far as manual bulk copying, you can copy the symbols from CX-Programmer to a spreadsheet and use the name and address columns but you will have to copy an example point from CXS to the same spreadsheet to see the column arrangement of memory type, PLC name etc. which is different than the column arrangement of CXP. For every similar point type just copy the columns down.

Hi there, PDL is right about exporting in the CDM file, OR copying to Excel, but I believe you can ALSO... Copy in CX-Programmer Symbol table and just Paste in CX-Supervisor Point Editor too . Possibly easiest for a one-off copy but PDLs answer is better if you want to keep pasting after program changes. rgds, Bertie

Follow the pictures in attachment it is easy. Do not forget to save file in CX Programmer after creating CX Server file. Import_var_from_PLC_to_SCADA.zip

Thank you for all answer