Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
valerio81

CX-Supervisor & S7300

2 posts in this topic

Hello! i have to do the communication between a PLC S7300 and a PC where is installed CX-Supervisor (maybe Dyalox). Omron service told me to use Siemens PLC as OPC server and CX-Supervisor ad OPC client. So how can i do it?? I think I have to buy a license for Siemens OPC ( which name of this license? about the price?) Is this license valid only for one project or for every project i'll do in future??? Can I use a standard Ethernet in both sides (PLC &PC) ? or is better serial? Has someone done this kind of communication and has him a little example? I have to choose between this solution or use a standard WINCC. But i'd prefer Omron solution, also to learn something on OPC So a lot of things but every answer is appreciated thanks valerio

Hi Valerio, I've done this one (a long time ago). I think the Siemens OPC server I used was Simatic NET which comes with a SIMATIC NCM PC Manager, Station Configurator and Configuration Console tools. I do remember it was hell to set up with many many settings that didn't make much sense (although I was new to Siemens then ). Others might suggest other OPC Servers for Siemens but to be honest - you'll probably get better answers on the Siemens forum about their OPC Servers! On the Omron side, you will need CX-Supervisor Developer package to create your project, and a CX-Supervisor runtime with dongle to run it. The CX-Supervisor Machine Edition (ME) is cheapest and still includes OPC Client functions, but if your project is bigger you will need CX-Supervisor PLUS instead. You'll find plenty of help from this forum on the Client if you need it rgds, Bertie