Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
denise01

G5 Servo Origin Search

3 posts in this topic

Hello, I have a G5 Servo with Incremental Encoder being driven by a R88D KN04H-ML2. Does anyone know if a omron Function Block can be used to find the origin position. I am trying to set the Origin Position of a Ball Screw Cylinder so that on pressing a button the Ball Screw will do a Origin Return. My positioner is a NC71. The wording in the manual is baffling to me. I intend to use the Z Phase of the encoder as my Origin Proximity so would appreciate any advise. Thanks Peter

Yes. There are 4 function blocks. From the Omron Function block library (installed with CX-One): To get to this help document, look here: To add the FB to your project, right click on Function blocks and choose insert function block - from file: Then navigate to the folder shown below (it starts you out where the red arrow points): The FBs are then found in that folder.

Many Thanks Michael, I have used the Funtion Blocks foe Enabling Comms, Servo Lock and Positioning. I tried with DINIT 51 Home FB today but the problem is although the Ball Screw returns towards Home the Z Phase origin does not come on so I cant find 0 position, Will read up about how to set it with an Incremental Encoder.