Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Matnim

gx developer analog output help

6 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm trying to programme a gradually increasing analog using and fx1n and a fx2nda unit. The output needs to increase over a set period of time and then hold at the final value. Can anyone Help? Cheers, Matt

Not a lot of information there about the actual application. I've done similar ramping by using a self-resetting timer. Each time the timer completes, increase the output value by a set amount. Use a comparison instruction to disable the increase once you've reached the final value. The length of the timer and amount of increase determines how fast the ramp happens.

It's to control the speed of a hydraulic motor which is controlled by an analogue amplifier module. I am having difficulty with the commands in the program, do you have a example of your program. Cheers, Matt

It's a proprietary program, and not at all the same application (for heat ramping), so I can't give you the code. But you could keep it really simple and do something like: M8012 ---| |-------[<= D0 D10]----------[ADDP D0 K5 D0]----- Where D0 is your ramping value that you then write to the analog output, and D10 is the end goal. M8011 is a special clock bit that cycles on and off once every 100ms. I used the pulsed version of the ADD instruction so that it only increments once. I set the increment constant to 5, so change that based on how fast you want the ramp, or make it a data register if you need to be able to change the ramp speed.

Um, yeah, how about that! I work in other platforms enough that I occasionally forget some of the purpose-built instructions in Mitsubishi!