Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vodoca

Concept 2.6 + Momentum - how to get changed project to work in Vijeo Look?

7 posts in this topic

I am struggling with the following problem: We have a Momentum PLC running with a project downloaded from Concept 2.6. When I make a small change into the project and I download the change to PLC there seems to be no problem. But when I try to run a visualisation project in Vijeo Look then after any click in visualisation the yellow triangles with red crosses appear over every object on the screen. We run OFS to enable communication between PLC and Vijeo Look. We use non-allocated variables in the project and probably the Visualisation does not work well with those unallocated variables after project changes. Can someone please describe steps which need to be taken to compile or upload a Concept project so that it works well in Vijeo Look with unallocated variables?

Never used concept but when using unity and unlocated variables with an hmi in vijeo designer...you cannot make a change in the plc and then just expect the link to work... Everytime you make a change in the plc the unlocated variables will have a different "address" to the hmi. So basically you need to update the link to the plc software from the hmi software (built and saved plc file). Then download again to the hmi. Im sure this is the problem you are having
1 person likes this

If you are using not allocated variables, then after every changing of plc project you MUST reload the OFS server with new plc project, so that OFS knows new register-addresses
1 person likes this

Thank you, both answers are useful, I did not expect any answer so soon on such a specific subject. I was searching OFS documentation but found no steps how to "reload OFS server with the new project". The Alias Properties has Symbols table file path, which points to the same PRJ file I have modified in Concept. Does it mean I have to upload some initial RAM directly from PLC to Concept after downloading project changes from Concept to PLC? Cannot find how to update OFS or where is the variables mapping stored. I have also found this advice, but not sure if it applies to my problem: Edited by vodoca

Hi vodoca, you understant this right. In the OFS configuration you choose your PRJ file from Concept, so that OFS knows the variables names and their addresses. >Does it mean I have to upload some initial RAM directly from PLC to Concept after downloading project changes from >Concept to PLC? Cannot find how to update OFS or where is the variables mapping stored. As I unterstand (I never used not allocated variables in Concept + OFS) just after some changes in Concept you save your Concept application as PRJ. During restart of OFS, the OFS reads PRJ+VAR file to get new information about new addresses. Also this steps are necessary to let it work: - In the file c:\windows\concept.ini change the parameter ExportVariables = 0 to 1 -cc2cat.exe / RegServer <- this step you need to do only 1 time after change the Concept version Thats all
1 person likes this

I have recieved info from Schneider technician, that when PRJ is used that the VAR file is not necessary for OFS. I should turn on Dynamic Consistency & Check Device in OFS alias configuration. But the main problem seems to be the fact, that I have used Concept 2.6 to change & upload the project, but the project was created originally with Concept 2.5. The best way to get from this OFS hell is to make all the variables located to specific addresses. I will need to connect to a spare PLC we have and test it in my office. Would you perhaps please suggest, what is the most simple way to power on this PLC using normal office equipment, like old power sources from switches, computers etc?

So finally I had to setup test environment with a spare PLC modules. There I could test it and the OFS error was: 29/09 10:43:10 : MODBUS : IEC Write version-failure detected : MBT:192.168.1.252 Start_Houkacky_R129/09 10:43:10 : MODBUS : (Refresh 0001) reload symbol table and update items for device MBT 192.168.1.25229/09 10:43:10 : SdkConcp : ReOpenDatabase, PRJ (C:\Concept\testprj\A_KOST1.PRJ) has same Version (9696,25258000) !!29/09 10:43:10 : SdkConcp : ReloadAndUpdateSymbols, different Version Date/Time' at A_KOST129/09 10:43:10 : MODBUS : Inconsistency detected, Communication now DISABLED with MBT 192.168.1.25229/09 10:43:10 : VM : End of ReloadDatabase !29/09 10:43:10 : NETMAN : Status UNCERTAIN for : MBT:192.168.1.252. (error from SendRcvReq: 0x80004005)29/09 10:43:11 : Asynchronous WRITE 2 for group Group1000_017F5028 of 1 items (Tid = 40000001h Cid = 12ffdb8h)29/09 10:43:11 : OFS : Able to send 1 requests (34 bytes)29/09 10:43:11 : NETMAN : SendRcvMaxReq => error sending request to MBT:192.168.1.252 = 80004005h29/09 10:43:11 : Sync Write failure :MBT : 192.168.1.25229/09 10:43:11 : Write Error (exp = 1) : error returned = -2 !!29/09 10:43:15 : NETMAN : Status BAD for : MBT:192.168.1.25229/09 10:43:20 : NA : Received socket error : 10054The problem might have been the version of Concept. So I did following: This did the trick. The VAR file is substantial and must be allways correctly updated. The other files are not so important for OFS, I have tried to update the project on one computer and to transfer only the VAR file to another computer leaving other Concept files unchanged and it was enough to make it work. Edited by vodoca