2 posts in this topic

I have a big problem to solve here We have an old PS 465 with four masters The PLC is driven by a linux operating system with a KDE graphical interface This machine was commisioned by an italian company about 15 years ago and recently it suffered a power outage Now its my job to reinstate this beautiful machine with no back up files from the linux program Now i am told i can get the back up files for the B&R PLC so my question is the following if I get the B&R PLC files does anyone have an idea how long it would take to produce a HMI from Automation studio How advanced is Automation Studio Can I generate an instant HMI from the ladder code Whats the best way to test Comms port Any help would be great

Hi, I can not exactly follow what is the plan Given what you let us know I guess your plan is full of troubles. What exactly did happen? Is the system not booting anymore? I also dont know any Linux with KDE System of B&R. Can you give a list of modules that are inside of the rack. Do you want to tell the name of the italian company and the type of machine? I can not imagine that the machine was 'alive' 15 years with no loss of power. And once the power is gone, the machine brakes? Maybe you just need to replace some modules? Just my thoughts. BR BB