Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
aricolton

IP Address for FX3U-ENET-ADP

2 posts in this topic

Hi, I am fairly new to the world of PLCs, so this may seem like a basic question, but hopefully you guys can help me out. I have a Mitsubishi FX3U-48MR PLC and have it hooked up to an FX3U-ENET-ADP. I am using GX Developer version 8.115 to program it. I can not seem to figure out how to set the IP address of the Ethernet adapter through GX Developer (I also have FX-Configurater-EN, but I can't get that to connect either). Does anyone know if the FX3U-ENET-ADP comes pre-programmed with a default IP address? I have tried 192.168.3.39 with no success. If not, does anyone know a way to set the IP address through GX Developer? I read something in the manual about D8400 and D8401 storing the IP Address, can I write directly to those data registers? I'm not sure if this means anything, but when I open up "entry data monitor" in GX Developer and look at D8400 and D8401 they come up as 506 and -16216, Do these somehow translate to IP addresses? Thanks for the help!

Hi Aricolton, I had the same experience with my first FX3G PLC with a left hand Ethernet module+adapter. I could not program this with GX developer or FX configurator-EN. Ater a call to the distributor I used GXWorks2 (Version1.98) instead and that worked fine. First of all I made a connection trought the USB port to set the IP for the first time however, if you use the default IP it should work too. After that first transfer I was able to connect trough the Ethernet directly. In GX-Works2 you have to check the communication settings in the program tree section. (sorry I can not make a screenshot at the moment) Question: did you try to use a (Windows) PING command from your computer to check the Ethernet port with the default IP? Also remember if you change the Ethernet port settings you have to powercycle the PLC (switch off and on the powersupply) to have the settings effective. And check if your computer has the same IP range as you want for the PLC (192.168.3.xxx) And last, do you connect trough a HUB/Switch or directly from the PC tot the PLC port. In the last case you might need a RJ45 cross cable but I'm not sure about that. Kind regards, Theo V.