Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mendon Systems

CJ1W-NC281 code sample?

3 posts in this topic

Does anyone have some sample code for setting up a CJ1W-NC281 with G5 servos on a CJ2M using the NCx8x FB library?? The application program itself is fairly simple (similar to a CNC thread cutting operation) but the NC281 module configuration appears to be a real nightmare. The W487 manual is only slightly shorter than War & Peace and is written in Omron's typical nearly unintelligble style. I did find a "quick start" file for the NC482 on Omron Europe but I'm not sure how much of that might actually translate to the NC281.

The quick start should be helpful. The difference are the number of axis and I/O module support. The NC281 supports two axis, the NC482 supports four. The NC482 will support up to 64 nodes of GX series I/O. The NC281 does not support GX I/O. Hope this will help.

Yeah, I know what the differences are. I don't need about 90% of what the NC482 does for this application, just speed control on one axis and position control on the other one. I should be able to edit out the 3rd and 4th axis and remote I/O in the symbol tables so I could use them but I doubt that would even be worth the effort. What I was mostly looking for was some sample code to initialize the module at startup without having to re-invent the wheel. There's a small cxp file in the quickstart but it only supports their NS terminal sample code.