Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FET_Destroyer

CJ2M and ModBus TCP

2 posts in this topic

Hello guys, I'm starting a new project that uses a device with modbus TCP. I need to used the cj2m because it is what I have at the moment. I found documentation in omron but it is not for the cj2m, just for cj2h with ETN21 card, nothing related to the EIP21. http://www.myomron.com/index.php?action=kb&article=1245 Can anybody help me? I search and do not found any FB like those in omron website for the cj2m. EDIT: I read again the link and there is an example for the CJ2M but with a ETN21 card, is there anyway of use the embedded EIP21? Regards Edited by FET_Destroyer

If you need to be a server (slave), make life easy and use the CP1W-MODTCP61. Designed for the CP series to use in Modbus Easy mode, it also supports server mode in the CJ2M-3x CPU series. Configuration is a piece of cake.See attached manual. If you need to be a client (master), you can use the FB on Myomron.com, MTCP_ETN_Client.zip v2.3 is also supported by CJ2M. You will need to have a CJ1W-ETN21. It does NOT work on a on board Ethernet I/P port or CJ1W-EIP21 unit, as those do not support socket services.. CP1W-MODTCP61_SetupGuideManual_EN_201207.pdf