Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mbote131

need help with a basic panel

2 posts in this topic

Hello all, I am as new as it gets when it comes to building a control panel but I figured this project would be a good place to start, but I could use some help and advice on a starting point. I am currently working on installing an air curtain above the door to our shipping office to reduce the amount of house flies that end up in the office. This door is a high traffic access point and is constantly being open and closed which makes it difficult to eliminate those pesky insects. The air curtain that I purchased came with no controls at all, basically a motor in a cage. I wanted to get a little more creative with the controls then the limit switch mounted above the door like the manufacturer recommends. I believe it will be much more effective if I can get this motor to start and achieve full RPM before the door is actually opened. I would like to achieve this by installing a motion detector on both interior and exterior to start the air curtain once the motion detector is triggered. I would like for the air curtain to run on a timed cycle for lets say 10-30 seconds then shut down. If you have any ideas or suggestions on specific parts I should use such as relays and timers I would greatly appreciate it.

Omron timer relays are a good, reliable brand, and perfect for your application. You can get digital ones, or analog "dial" ones. Both work fine. For the relay that actually starts the motor, you'll need a small contactor. For these I usually see Eaton or Allen Bradley. Many brands or good. Go to your local distributor and ask them. Almost any brand you get will be good, really.