Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tony

Opening .mdb files with Datalogviewer 2.0

9 posts in this topic

Hi, I am playing around with the new datalogviewer in CXS 3.0 I am not experienced with databases and can't seem to create a readable file. either I don't get to select any traces at all or when I do get selectable traces I get an error : Unhandeld exception (Specified cast is not valid) Can someone upload an example .mdb file which I can open with Datalog viewer 2.0 and MS Acces, to help figure out what I am doing wrong? I have loads of csv log files which I would like to be able to view with the new datalogviewer. I have attached one of these. 08010109.rar Any help is very much apreciated. Greetz Tony

I figured it out, The Milliseconds column has to be "long integer" and not "integer" otherwise the logviewer wont show any items at all to open. Also all fields have to be filled with data, or you wil get the .net error as described above. The new Data log viewer is awesome !! Outstanding thinking of the developers !! grtz

can you upload a mdb database which can be opened by datalog 2.0? I am playing here and can not open any mdb. thanx

Attached .mdb file can be opened, maybe some indexing changes can be done but I haven't tried that yet, I was already happy that it worked this way. Grtz Tony 08010110.rar

well, can you tell me please what's wrong with this database of mine? I put everything as in your database, and I can't open it. But your database I can open. Can you open mine? thanx Database1.rar

Hey Tashinz, could it be the regional settings of your Win install be the problem? Nevermind, a little too fast on the trigger

Yes, your columnheader of Milliseconds is spelled with one l instead of two ll's. Database1_Milliseconds_ok.rar Grtz Tony

Man, you're a genius. thanx a lot, work here now. was getting out of my mind already.

Yeah, well, i tried to export existing data log to csv and in that way you don't have an option to export milliseconds unless you check the option one file for each item. but, of course, it this second case the column for milliseconds is called Millisecs, which makes the mdb file created out of this csv not working. whey you rename it to Milliseconds, it works. god job again, tony!