schurman.sw.2

Stumped!

5 posts in this topic

I am currently working on a project where I have one source of a product (Lids) and these lids need to be sent to 3 different locations by traveling down a conveyor and then get pushed into their own shoot. Each shoot has a high and low level prox. Each shoot also requires a different letter to be applied to the lid by a printer until the shoot is full then it needs to stop printing that letter, let the line clear, then start to fill next shoot. Once shoots are full I am needing it to automatically keep distributing lids with the right printed letter to the right shoot. (Keep each system full) There is one break in the conveyor with a pneumatic clutch to stop that lid in place before printer. Does anyone have any sample code to possibly help out lead me in the right direction on making this happen? STUMPED!!!

Looks like it is time to hire a programmer.

What model PLC are you going to use? What sensors are available from the machine? What outputs will the PLC be controlling? One printer or three? How does the PLC send commands to the printer? You don't need a program at this stage. First you need to design a control system capable of fulfilling the job requirements.

Nice start Maverick, I have experience with Omron and Zebra integration, if this will help you let me know and I will start getting a sample together or help in any way I can, I know what it feels like to be stuck!! Good luck

nothing to be stumped about - create flag for each letter (A, B, C) which will tell printer if that label is to be printed or not. to control flag (enable printing for this label) use seal-in or latch/unlatch using mentioned conditions. to track products use FIFO or bitshift (if using bitshift you will need three of them, since 3 labels, - OR one that is 3x long) now that you know what to use search forum for examples