Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
navillusi

Klockner Moeller PS3

9 posts in this topic

I have come across an old Klockner Moeller PS3 plc installed on a site and do not have any software or lead to communicate with it. What lead and software is required? Are the above still available to buy/download? Is there someone who has the required equipment who could extract the program for us (UK Midlands), so we can replace with a new? Any help is appreciated Regards

Hi, I am in the same position. Did you get the info? Best regards Robin Guest robin.guest@orange.net

Well, this was some time ago. Yes, I did get it sorted, I called in an engineer from Klockner who uploaded the code and printed it off for me. He also left me a copy of the application software for free as it is obsolete, but didn't leave me the expensive and unobtainable comms lead that you need

As far as I can tell, the comms lead is just an RS485 connection but I may be wrong. I was goint to have a shot at making one. I think that it may only be expensive because it contains an RS232 to RS485 converter.

hi, i have encountered the same problem where an automatic band saw was bought in with a moeller ps306-dc-ee control plc. the hmi interface screen is broken and may take over a month to obtain a replacement. do you know where i can get the software required, what interface cable is needed or indeed wiring configurations for rs485 to rs232. this is to interface the operation of the plc with a laptop while a new hmi is obtained. also does anyone know what type of programming is required for this plc as i have only ever experienced mitsubishi ladder logic in the past. any help appreciated justwhy2003

Have you tried the Applied Automation web site? http://www.applied-automation.com/

Well Guys, If you need a programming cable for the PS3 you will need a special RS232-RS485 converter, because Moeller uses a special protocol called Suconet K to communicate with these PLC's. The only one converter that I found that actually works is a converter made by Omega UK. It supports the Suconet K protocol 187.5kbps. If you guys need S30 software or documentation, you can get it free from Technical Support desk in Canada. Try to call them and they will email you the software for free. I hope this helps! Cheers!

The S30 programing software and manual are both available for free download on Applied Automations download site http://downloads.applied-automation.com/sa.../ps3/index.html The cable (ZB4-501-UM1) are held in stock by Applied Automation who are the UKs premier Moeller Automation Solutions Partner

I had the same problem. You need a copy of the program on disk, you cant suck it out of the PLC. Software sucosoft s30 - can be downloaded from moeller or applied automation Or if you want to pay Sucosoft s40 from moeller will import the program (demo is available but is VERY hard to find) dont know if it will comunicate with a ps3. Local moeller should be able to supply a siutable lead, but you will have to mod the plug. I lived in fear of my PS306 dying every monday. Until it did, now it has a nice shiny new FX3U, and I can sleep in. I recomend you rip it out if you can. Relays would be better