Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AIJoe

CJ2m Fins connection to VB App

1 post in this topic

Hi - I'm looking for a clear explanation of how to set up a CJ2M -33 ethernet port to communicate to the a PC running VB using FINS UDP commands. I don't want to consider OPC and I don't need the ActiveX utility I saw. I only need to read one D word - D0000. I have downloaded several of the FINS utilities and they don't seem to work and I think it is related to either the NODE/UNIT/NETWORK setup or the wrong command code. I have read through the Omron FINS manual and am confused as to the proper command code to use versus the type of device one tries to communicate with. All the numbers in the following are HEX BYTES The basic question is -- what are the correct Network, Node,Unit numbers for the PLC? Are the dial settings on the PLC used to define the Node and Unit #'s - or are they all defined in CX-Networks? Also I am confused as to the correct Command Codes 01 01 seems to be the command code called for to do a Memory Area( type 82 for D memory) read from a PLC and 05 01 seems to be the code to read from a PLC via a seperate ethernet bus unit - is the CJ2M integrated ethernet port considered a bus unit? I have used the Ethernet_UDP utility listed in the download section and I usually get a 85 00 01 response code - which indicates a link/relay error - so I suspect I don't have the PLC network settings set up correctly my Hex strings FINS Header --- 80 00 02....Command 01 01 82 00 00 00 00 01 or FINS Header --- 80 00 02....Command 05 01 82 00 00 00 00 01 I would appreciate if someone could explain how to set up the CJ2M internal ethernet port for FINS UDP and supply a HEX byte string that is the proper FINS command to get 1 one word from D0000 Thanks for the help