Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
coolidge

Siemens S7 200 password protection

5 posts in this topic

Hello everybody. I am new to this forum and i come here because i have noone else to turn to. I work in a small family company that makes liquid soaps and we bought a labeling machine a few years ago from italy. After a few months the machine broke down and was in warranty. However the seller said that they do not provide service in my country and there is no representative here. They said we need to transport the machine back to them which ment several weeks without working. So we agreed that they have to come and fix it. We agreed to pay all the travelling costs of their technician but said that they should cover the working hours as the machine is in warranty. So the technician came, fixed it and we payed the travel and accomodation costs, took the technician to dinner, showed him the city and everything. But they wanted to bill us for the hours too and the covered kilometers and overtime. which we refused and went seperate ways with them. Now the machine is out of order again and we cant fix it. So we call the Siemens representative here and ask for support as the PLC is Siemens. They come and examine and say that they cant connect because the program is password locked. The italians promised to give us the program and electrical schemes of the machine but delayed it and eventually didnt give anything. Now we are left alone in this mess and the production is severely slowed because of this. The people at Siemens say that there is a program that can brake the password and allow connection to the program in the PLC but they dont know what it is. And we need to access the program to determain the location of the fault and resolve it. A month has passed now and we are running out of time. So please, if anyone has any information that could help, it would be much appreciated.

I don't think this is possible. Even with the password I think you would need the source code. If the manufacturer agreed in the contract to supply the schematics and code, you should threaten them with a legal letter. You could also eat humble pie and phone them asking them nicely to e-mail the code. That said, if the machine has been working, the software will not have changed and you most probably have a hardware issue. Monitoring the PLC would no doubt help in a repair, but I would check all the hardware signals and machine timing first. Nick

You're stuck. The only person who can remove the password is someone who knows it. If you had the password, you can in fact upload it from the PLC.

Thanks everyone for the assistance. I have managed to resolve my problem another way.

As far as i know there is a way to get over the S7 200 password although i have not tried it.