Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bryan372002

Question about LgixPro bottle line simulator

7 posts in this topic

I have been playing witht the bottle line simulator and the bit shifts. I have the broken bottle part pretty close to right but My problem right now is the student exercises says to program system so if will sort out large bottles and drop them down on the lower belt. where my prob is, that the limit switch that detects large bottles doesn't see but the first large bottle if there are 2 or more large bottles together. Could someone give me a a way i can get around this, and keep in mind I a dummy....lol Thanks.

I assume you mean the switch does not change states because the 2 large bottles are too close to each other? In this case you would use a 2nd switch or encoder on your conveyor to produce a 'bottle check timing'. I hope that makes sense.

Yes that is exactly what I meant Thanks IO It kinda makes sense, but not sure how to go about doing it.

I'm not familiar with the simulator you are working with and not sure what you can do with it. In a real situation you would find something that could trigger a sensor at the instant a bottle should be present. Typically a cogged circular plate (someone may have a proper name for that) that could rotate with the conveyor and trigger the timing sensor. Alternatively, an encoder on the coveyor that would have a ratio proportional to distance between the bottles. For instance, one revolution per bottle. The timing signal would trigger every cycle. So if your 2 large bottles did not cause a transition in you bottle sensor, the timing signal (logical) AND the bottle sensor would give you the information required. You can also detect a missing bottle. Edited by IO_Rack

Thanks again I/O seems after further review that the switch actually was seeing every bottle, the dummy here just had the wrong bit opening the shute. Thanks a bunch for Your help.

I had a breif look at the LogixPro Bottle Line Simulation. It appears your LS1 ("Exists") is being used for timing and it is assuming the bottle widths are the same. The example I have shown above is especially useful for indexing conveyors. It also provides positive information that the conveyor has moved. It would be in addition to the 3 sensors in your simulator and used to qualify each inspection. Timing AND Exists Timing AND Large Timing AND Broken (or Not Broken if you want it failsafe) The only problem I see with the simulator example is that if LS1 (Exists) does not trigger (eg: No Bottle), then the information in the shift register will not be shifted and the result would be the incorrect bottle would be ejected. I'm not familiar with the AB instructions, but that is how I see it. Am I missing something? Glad to see you worked it out. Edited by IO_Rack