Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Data Files Import in RSlogix500

7 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone! In RSLogix 500, is data files import is possible in any way? for ex. I am working on a program 1.And program 2 has some data files which are required in program 1. Now can I copy paste or import particular data files from program 2 to program 1? I tried copy and paste but descriptions will not be copied. Best option I thought is create data files in program 1.Export the program 2 data files to CSV.Import required data files in program 1. Can some one suggest?

If you're working with RSlogix 500 and a program not yet loaded to PLC then CSV Export/Import is your best bet. If you have both PLC1 and PLC2 live and avaialble then OPC transfer of Data can occure from PLC to PLC thru an OPC server app on your PC.

If you open two instances of RSLogix500, you can drag and drop data files from one program to the other and you will get the data included. You have to drag and drop the data file on top of an existing data file. This lets you copy data from, for example, N10 in one program to N27 in the other. If you want them to be the same file number, then create the data file in the 2nd program first (don't worry about size, it will be extended to match the 1st when you drop the data into place). This does not appear to work with the pre-defined data files, only with those after file 9. If you want data from N7 in one program, drop it into a new file (like N10) in the new one, then you can copy and paste from N10 into N7 in the new one. I just noticed this today, and that workaround took care of it. Also, does not get the descriptions, but those can be copied from the database as you have already learned using export, (edit with excel), import. Also, you can drag and drop groups of descriptions from within RSLogix (see my next post). RSLogix500_drag_n_drop_data_files.zip Edited by OkiePC

Playin with cam studio some more: RSLogix500_drag_n_drop_descriptions.zip
1 person likes this

Thanks Paul..I never knew you could do that.

You're Welcome, Bob!