Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PdL

New moderator

11 posts in this topic

As of today, users PMCR and Michael Walsh joined the moderating team here on MrPLC. It is great to have them on board!
2 people like this

Good luck to PMCR. Do you get a pay rise?

Would be interesting to know how such joining happens. Who suggests and who approves candidates? Edited by Sergei Troizky

Good luck with keeping all the crazy Omron guys in line!
1 person likes this

Thanks guys! Sounds like a great new 'career'! Jay Anthony got me started on MrPLC, so hats off to Jay.

Welcome Aboard - Anybody with a Jay recommend can't be all that bad :)
1 person likes this

Hi Sergei, I have suggested PMCR and asked him personally to join. I have changed jobs recently and am not actively involved with Omron products anymore, and given his widespread knowledge of both old and new Omron products and software together with his way of teaching and taking the time to help others I thought he would be a good candidate. Basically there is no guideline for this procedure, anyone can apply, whereafter the moderating team will give their opinions. Hope this answers your question!
1 person likes this

I dunno, really. For me....We are a just a bunch of guys who share the common interest of sharing our knowledge and showing the upcoming PLC generation how to program and answer their questions. Sort of like Mentoring them. For Moderating, over time, we all get to know people and I think the key is "trust" people. Once we all feel comfortable with that and the person wants to help mod, send me a PM. Or I know someone in "real life"...LOL... Chris Elston

And I would like to welcome Michael Walsh to our team as well! Proud to have 2 Omron gurus on board

Welcome to both PMCR and Michael as moderators. I have known both of these gentlemen for some time and they are an excellent resource. Thanks for your time and efforts with Mr.PLC.com. And a big thank you to PdL for all of your assistance over the years. Best of luck with the new job. gtsuport Edited by gtsuport

PDL is a fantastic, reliable, trustworthy, intuitive, hands-on type of guy. He took over the day to day sponsoring of the Omron forum at MrPLC.com when I switched into a manager role at Omron in 2005. He frankly has a done a better job than myself and now he's just asking for a little relief as he digs into a new job. He's not gone - just lurking in the background. Hat's off to the recent additions to the moderator staff - PMCR and Michael Walsh. These are two dedicated troupers at Omron and will bear the standard forthwith. They also will be supported by myself and Sleepy Wombat - another great Omron resource. For those of you, who haven't figured it out, Sleepy monitors the forum while we are in the sack.