Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gromit

Simatic Step 7 Ver 5.1 authorization

9 posts in this topic

Hello all. My old laptop died and I am trying to install the Simatic Step 7 Ver 5.1 software from my original installation disk/CD; I entered the ID:KHE number from the Software Product Sheet; however, it later prompted "Unable to find a valid authorization for Step 7. Please install the authorization". I need to establish communication with a Siemens S7-200 CPU224 214-1B022-0XB0 in order to determine why it is not controlling appropriately. The program has a ".mwp" extension. Thanks for any insight!

i think for s7 200 you need micro win version sp4 or sp9. may be in a cloose siemens shop will give you a cd for free to instal the program.

El Greco is correct for S7 200 series P.L.C's Micro Win software is the programming software. Simatic S7 (Simatic Manager) is for S7 300 & S7 400 series P.L.c's Rodney Edited by Rodney

Thanks guys!!! I will see if my colleague can find the micro win version sp4 or sp9 software in his software repository. Does the micro win version sp4 or sp9 need an authorization similar to the Simatic Step 7 Ver 5.1 software? I suppose that I should uninstall the Simatic Step 7 Ver 5.1 software before loading the micro win version sp4 or sp9 software to the laptop. The main reason that I loaded the Simatic Step 7 Ver 5.1 software to the new laptop is because it is what my colleague found in his software repository. Hopefully he will be able to find the micro win version sp4 or sp9 software. If not, what is the best option to locate it?

The Micro Win version does not require authorization as does the Simatic Manager. There is no need to uninstall your Simatic Manager prior to installing your Micro Win software. If your colleague is unable to find the Micro Win software then the only option is to purchase a new package. Rodney

Thanks Rodney. My manager has reached out to AWC to purchase a new package. FYI. . . the cost is reasonable . . . under $400.

Just one other note to connect to the S7 200 P.L.C you require a PPI Cable unlike the MPI cable for the S7 300 & 400 P.L.C's Rodney

Understood Rodney, we puchased the RS232/PPI Multi-Master Cable 6ES7 901-3CB30-0XA0 SC-DOSN8577 E-Stand:04 PPI-RS485 a few days ago for this purpose.

you can find the software also on ebay as second hand look here http://www.ebay.de/itm/Simatic-S7-Software-WINCC-flexible-200-und-advanced-sowie-Manual-Collection-/360841124889?pt=SPS_Bus_Logiksysteme&hash=item5403ce9c19#ht_236wt_993