Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
forqnc

SMC E/P Regulator

3 posts in this topic

Hi guys, looking to pick the vast wealth of experience here. I have a Slitter Machine (John Dusenbury Co. Inc.) which has a SMC E/P Regulator valve on it. The part number is Old (NIT-201-T302) and I am still reseaching how these work. I have +15Vdc and 0V but no voltage on the Sig wire. Am I correct in saying that a varying voltage on the signal wire will open the valve propotionally? In other words, no voltage=no air, higher voltage=higher air pressure. Thanks for any help in advance

http://www.smcusa.com/sections/products/electronics.asp This is the only website I found that wasn't in a different language. And to answer your question "Yes" You usually have a base voltage, a common or - voltage, and a signal or reference voltage to proportionately control a device in a linear scale. Usually from and analog card or device, or a potentiometer or other scaling device.

Thanks for the reply splicer480, and conferming my thoughts on how it worked. We ordered a new one and was able to get a copy of the manual too.