Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest mechman

AOA: AOAInitialize Failure in RSView

5 posts in this topic

When I try to setup communications in a new RSView ME 4.0 application (by clicking on the RSView Enterprise, then Communications Setup), I get a dialouge box that lets me select a new or existing configuration. If I select new, I get the error "AOA: AOAInitialize Failed", and Communications Setup shuts down. Then whenever I try to open it back up, I get the the AOA dialogue again. I have searched everywhere on the Rockwell forums to find out why this is happening, but there is nothing that covers this situation. I have tried to solve the problem using all of the fixes for when the tag database causes the AOA message to appear, but they have not worked. Any insight woud be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I had a problem like that. It turns out my problem was with my Dell laptop. There is a tech not on this. http://domino.automation.rockwell.c...ent# DataFiles There is also some answers on this link: http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.ph...2751#post162751 It may be time to give A-B a call and have them solve it for you. Thats what tech support is for.

I also use a Dell laptop. The thing that doesn't make sense is that in the past I created an application and set up the communications just fine. I don't understand why I am having the problem again. As I previously mentioned, I already tried all of the fixes at Rockwell, including registering the .dll files you mentioned. Still nothing. Every time I click on Communications Setup, the AOA message appears. I have contacted AB tech support, but I have a internet support contract, so it takes forever. Thanks again for your help.

One thing that tech support told me the first time I called was to first uninstall any virus checkers like Mcafee completely before uninstalling and reinstalling RSView. This did not work for me, but who knows. It may be worth it to do one of those one time pay calls with A-B. Also, yearly support may be expensive, but when you figure how much time you spend it may be a wash.

So other's can benefit in the future, I am following up with the solution that AB Tech Support provided. They had me reinstall FactoryTalk. Everything worked like a charm after that.