Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Skidog

CVM1-can't change the node ID

4 posts in this topic

CVM1-CPU21-V2 is what I suspect is causing me problems with a touchscreen. Once I replaced it the touchscreen functioned OK but I can't link to it serially. I can see it on the ethernet connection however. What I found was the node ID for the new CPU was still fac set at 0, it needs to be set at 2. If I go offline to change this I can no longer connect through the hostlink port. I know there's a way to do it but can't recall what it is because it has been a while. Can you help? I'll be here another 6 hours tonight, thanks.

If your PLC has a host link port and a serial port, each can be set up to have different addresses in CX-Programmer or Syswin. If there is only a host link port, change the address, disconnect, power the PLC down and up again and then change the address of the PLC in Syswin or CX-Programmer. CX-Programmer - address can be changed by right click on the PLC and selsct properties. Syswin - address can be changed by selecting Project/Communications.

Also , pin4 of the CPU dipswitch will force the port to 9600 bps, Unit 00 even if you set the port to unit 2. That would let you get on-line locally while preserving the unit 02 setting.

When I changed the node ID offline I could no longer connect to the PLC. I switched cables and checked the DS settings. I was talking through the seriel port just fine. My boss wanted to know what kind of problem I was experiencing so I showed him, went offline, changed the node ID to 2 and tried to connect, this time, for whatever reason it worked. I didn't change anything between attempts. We have a trainer rack set up in the shop where we program new CPU's. I'm going to work on recreating the problem tonight and post results here. That was too wierd. Thanks.