Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ToddM

Siemens TI 305 programming cable.

5 posts in this topic

Hi folks...Not sure where to put this post, because these PLCs have been several diffrent brands {G.E. Siemens TI , Koyo, etc.} Anyhow...We have pulled a couple of working Siemens TI 305's from some machines at work and I belive I can get one for little or nothing but I don't have a programming cable or the software {though I think the Automation Direct software will work} Is it possible to make my own cable? I have had pretty good luck with a homemade LM90 cable and an Omron cable. Any help would be apreaceated. Thanks and later...Todd

I would contact www.automationdirect.com, they should know what cable will work, there standard cables are only about $30.00, might save a lot of headache to just buy one. Ebay might be another option also.

Todd, The first thing to do is to get the part number of the CPU module. AD lists cross references between GE and Siemens/TI part numbers and DL305 part numbers. Any of the GE CPU models require a Data Communications Unit for interface to the programming software. The AD DL330 also requires the DCU. If your TI/Siemens CPU is the equivalent of the DL330, then you will need a DCU. There are two versions of the DCU, one with an RS232 port, the other with RS422. The DCU with a GE part number is an RS422 port. A DCU with a Siemens/TI part number could be either version. I'm pretty sure DirectSoft software is compatible with any of the Siemens/TI CPUs. It is compatible with some, but not all of the GE CPUs.

Ken and Steve....Thanks for the info. Happy holidays to you and yours. Later...Todd

Hi ToddM, here is the cross ref and pinout for automation direct (GE , KOYO, and TI) directsoftcables.pdf Edited by slcman