Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
adamriffe

RSMessenger help

5 posts in this topic

I'm attempting to add Email alarms to our RSView32 project. I didn't see any information in the "Getting Results" guide on how to set up multiple emails with one destination. Is that possible? I've tried several different versions of syntax with no results. I'm able to use a distribution list that's set up globally from home office (which is a pain to get them to edit), I can't seem to get my own local lists to work.

Are you looking to list all the alarms in one email or have individual emails for each alarm sent to the same address? If it is individual emails to the same address what about creating an event for each alarm and have it send the email?

I have an event for each alarm, I'm trying to set up one destination with multiple email adresses.

What about multiple actions for the event. Event A happens Action Send out an email to John Doe@XXX.com Action Send out email to Jane Doe@XXX.com Action Send out email to XXX@XXX.com

I never tried to do this in RS-View but it is so simply to construct and send an E-mail in Python that I wrote a small executable to do just that and call it externally from Cimplicity whenever the appropriate event fires.