Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bob O

Automation Active X or Controls for VB.NET

6 posts in this topic

I have hacked around in VB for a while and I thought now would be a good time to take the class. I started VB.Net last night and now I am looking for any automation active x or controls to play with so I can make my own SCADA. Doing this is just fro the fun of it. Does anyone know of free automation controls or active x that can be downloaded and inserted into a form. Thanks, Bob

I did a google search for "free active x for opc", several sites offer time limited demo versions for download. I assumed you would be using OPC since DDE is on the way out.

I need to learn about the OPC plus a lot of other stuff but it sounds like that is the way it’s heading. I plan to follow how Bob is doing on his conversion from DDE to OPC. I have seen the demo versions but I was hoping [read cheap] that there was free with no time limit. I download some from here http://www.dragonflydas.com/ this morning at home and will play with this when I have time. Thanks, Bob

BobO if you have RSlinx OEM, PRO, Gateway that supports OPC check out the Rockwell knowledgebase Answer ID 8171 for a file named rsiopcauto.xls. I found it a great starter point to understanding opc.

Thanks BobL I found a couple of free ones here http://www.iconics.com/support/free_tools.asp

.NET (VB, I think) OPC reference code is available on the OPC web site. You need to be a member to d/l some of the files. I'm not sure about that one. LMK if you're interested.