Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TimWilborne

Slight Cargo Ship Problems

17 posts in this topic

PdL - I know your work on these big boys, you weren't in on these projects were you?

I'm going to try and find the Airline Industry photos I have to parallel these.

Train wrecks are a lot more interesting And last but not least, my personal favorite: Edited by Alaric

Airplane wrecks http://images.google.co.in/images?hl=en&am...irplane+wrecks+

Hoist Pictures. Bad Day.

Great sequence Mickey, Can you vouch for their authenticity? The pictures of the second crane raise some questions in my mind. It appears in the first sequence, that the Walsh Recovery vehicle toppled into the water on top of the car. How is it that that Michael Long Truck and Crane Hire was able to pluck the car before the Walsh Recovery vehicle? The Michael Long vehicle was parked well away from the edge of the water with its outriggers extended. It seems like it would have pivoted around the end of the outrigger, but the final picture makes it look like it was dragged to the edge and then toppled. Just wondering if someone might have been having some fun with Photoshop to embellish what was already a pretty good story. On a side note, you have to wonder about allowing people to be standing around so close to such a hazardous operation. Edited by Steve Bailey

I have no idea whither it is real or not. Still funny though. The first two pics are reversed.

Its quite humorous. But I do think that the final picture of the Michael Long crane taking a dive is photoshoped. For one thint, look at the crowd in front of the crane cab as it lifts the Walsh crane. That crowd is absent in the final picture and there are people standing right where the Michael Long crane was parked. Still funny though.

Lots of things in the photo of the Michael Long crane in the water suggest it was photoshopped. The location from which it was taken is the same as the photos of the Walsh mishap. Notice that the photographer has moved for the Michael Long shots. The vehicles in the background of the shot of the Michael Long crane in the water are the same as in the background of the Walsh photos. They are different in all of the rest of the Long photos. Look at the small inflatable boat next to the fishing boat. Then there is the physics of the situation. In addition to my earlier question about the outrigger, it looks like the boom of the Long crane must be stuck into the mud at the bottom of the harbor and the body of the truck is dangling from it.

Your pictures backwords Alaric.

Last truck picture is a fake - look at people on the background, they are the same as on the photo after first truck flip But still funny I use to have a co-worker who's friend investigates military cargo airplane crashes. He emailed us pictures time to time...

i love the crane series, it always cracks me up. here are few others (love the UPS-FedEx one too). note that these are not all disaster pictures but they are all interesting:

see some good pic from me Edited by rpraveenkum

World's most dangerous road ? whoops

Says it all... Dang, can't get it to show... it's attached kids_with_gas.bmp Edited by adamriffe

I like the picture too Mickey, but the second is fake. Here is my photoshop. LOL....