Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TimWilborne

Happy Thanksgiving

17 posts in this topic

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone Or atleast to those of you in the US. I think Canada's Thanksgiving has passed but not sure. When and who else celebrates Thanksgiving and what is it called?

a buddy of mine from Canada said Columbus day is roughly equivalent to our thanksgiving

A little Holiday Humor, safe for children, lol. If April showers bring May flowers, what do May flowers bring? Pilgrims! Why did the turkey cross the road? It was the chicken's day off. If the Pilgrims were alive today, what would they be most famous for? Their AGE Why can't you take a turkey to church? Because they use such FOWL language What are the feathers on a turkey's wings called? Turkey feathers What's the best dance to do on Thanksgiving? The turkey trot Can a turkey jump higher than the Empire State Building? Yes - a building can't jump at all Which side of the turkey has the most feathers? The outside Why did they let the turkey join the band? Because he had the drumsticks Why did the police arrest the turkey? They suspected it of fowl play What's the key to a great Thanksgiving dinner? The turKEY What did the turkey say before it was roasted? Boy! I'm stuffed!

I like those Ken. Very good

Actually, they are both celebrated on the second monday in October, but the Canadian Thanksgiving's official proclamation is "For general thanksgiving to Almighty God for the blessings with which the people of Canada have been favoured." So, are any of you Yankees working today at 2X wages? Edited by ECSI

That brings up another good question. When I refer to yankees I think of people in the north east US. Who is a Yankee to a Canadian?

A yankee to me is any American, just as a canuck refers to any Canadian. I do realize though that yankee mostly refers to northeast USA, not to mention a few grossly overpaid baseball players...lol

I live under a rock. Never heard of a Canuck. And yes Yankee also refer to some over paid baseball player

I wish, I'm salary . Folks that cross the Ambassador Bridge everyday from Windsor for work celebrate both I understand.

Be carful with that Yankee term. Them people down in TW's neck of the woods take offence to that. We prefer to call them Hillbillies! Only kidding of course. Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Edited by IO_Rack

Happy Thanksgiving ALL. Yankees, Rednecks, Rebels, Hillbillies, Canucks, Ridgerunners, Scandahovians and more

Happy Thanksgiving Day ... And this should just about cover everything else... Edited by Alaric

Thats about as close to Bah HUMBUG as I've seen. LOL.

Who you calling a Redneck? Just kidding of course. I can't wait to show my wife Alaric's picture. She doesn't think I get enthusiastic enough about the holidays

Hope it meets more enthusiasm than Man Law did.

LOL!!! I hope so too

No Bah Humbugs from me, but I do think that picture is an absolute riot.