Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sathya

HOW TO LINK VB WITH RSLOGIX500

7 posts in this topic

HI FRIENDS, does any have programed by linking rslogix500 with its VB, to get a address in Vb process n get back to value to 500. PLZ if any 1 have writen codes for it send to me regards

RSL500 is the programming software for SLC & MicrologiX families Assuming send & receive values from & to SLC or Micrologix you can use Rslix as OPC or DDE server Rslinx lite willn't support DDE or OPC Use Rslinx OEM with minimum features Otherthan this explaine your application here

thanks for ur reply praveen but v can do coding in VB which is inbuilt in rslogix500 software as we do in rsview32, that wat i asked not about linx communication.

What are you trying to do with that

I assume you are referring to the VB Macros which can be crafted within Logix Profesional. These are executed from an open logix window and can perform redundant tasks and even craft blocks of code as needed. I used the Vb with Logix 5 Pro and it was really nifty. The machine had several LDVT sensor and needed to calcualte offset for each one based on a home reading. Wrote a VB macro to do this math again and again. Worked great. Reduced commission and setup significantly. ASorry macros were considered proprietary by my employer.

Doesn't RsLogix 500 Professional come with a none lite version of RsLinx?

logix_rm001__en_p.pdfI explored one time VB for RSLogix500. As it wasn't necessary for the time being I ended up just rewriting the code in AB books just for practice. The code inside this book is as good as you can get. Good luck