Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
valerio81

Citect & Database

5 posts in this topic

hi. im new on the DB world im doing the software for a plant. i use omron plcs and CitectSCADA the customer asks me to add to my SCADA datas from his system that is just existing. he has 8 PCs each one with his database. for each database i have to read 10 tags. 1) he asks me what kind of database i prefer.whats the best database for this use? 2) how can i do communication between Citect and Database? 3) there is some example or documentation about? thanks for answers.. bye valerio

Only did this once and it was a pain. We used a CITECH HMI to communicate with Entivity VLC and an Access {Jet engine 4.0} database which held all our configuration data. Each section of the machine had a type id which chose the function block to scan for that device and then parameters {motor count, motor ol size, etc} specific to that section which the function block would need. Took about 5 minutes to initially start the system but adding sections and changing behaviours was a simple matter of changing the database.

I would suggest a few things in general. Have a look at the Citect help! There's a lot of information right under your nose. Sign up for a MyCitect account here, and download the Citect SCADA Knowledge base. It contains about 3500 articles with practical solutions for a lot of problems,all version readme files, whitepapers and more. Sign up for the Citect email users list. (Login at MyCitect first). Thousands of users around the world are ready to help you on a daily basis.

Free user accounts don't have priviledge for user list nor most of the site. I really don't like Citect's web site at all. We use citect in our projects but i personally don't use much, and don't want to.

I didn't know you couldn't signup for the email list with a free account. I think Citect is beautiful software, but the company is terrible in providing no nonsense support. Everything has to be paid for. The website is a pain in the *** indeed.